Recently Posted

advertisement




Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Selma Blair is the cover girl of September 2007 issue of British style magazine Dazed and Confused, photographed by Rankin, looking dazzling.

Here is a fragment from her interview with Dazed and Confused magazine:

On favoring roles that skirt the edges: “I know my strengths and I know what I give, and I do lend either a certain gravity to things or an over-the-top lightness. I’m kind of at extremes when I do something really well.”

On what she wants from the movie business: “There was a time when I would brush things off and I was so self-deprecating, like, “Oh, it’s such a tiny role no one will pay attention. But now, I’m just grateful to have them and I hope I get more because I’m a character actress. You know… I don’t bleach my teeth, I chain-smoke, I’m flat-chested, I don’t mind being nude, I’m not precious, I’m pale as a ghost, I have crow’s feet, and I believe I can play anybody. So to get to start to do that has been incredible.”

On owing her evolution to the directors she’s worked with: “All the directors I’ve worked with have been amazing. With John Waters, it was really interesting making his voice, and you hear it and you can’t get it out of your head. That’s why I think his movies have the same kind of rhythm and the same flatness, because were all just playing John.”

On the cruel criticism: “I remember filming the first ‘Hellboy’ in Prague and I was so lonely. I Ended up rooting around on the internet. I looked at some comments that people had written and I had no idea that I was so disliked! And you know, that becomes your consciousness. I told [director] Guillermo [del Toro] what I’d done and he said, ‘You might as well go lick the bottom of a toilet seat bowl, because that’s as much good as it’s going to do you.’”

On her love for Angelina Jolie: “Speaking of poise… I was watching Angelina Jolie the other night on TV. Ann Curry was interviewing her. And Jolie has turned out to be such a poised woman. She has really lived so many lifetimes in front of the press. It’s really something. She’s obviously so accomplished. I can’t even bear to watch because she is just too perfect. I hope I can have that kind of poise at some point.”

source